Thursday, April 30, 2009

One Last Thing

Now actually this isn't one last thing. I still have to go back and get my slideshow done tomorrow, but I wanted to do my reflection in peace. I must say even though I did my share of whining, or really a lot more than my share, I had a BLAST! I loved the format of the class, but it really helped to take this with friends nearby...sometimes to help, sometimes to calm each other down, sometimes just to listen to frustration.

My favorite discoveries were Library Thing, Googledocs, Wordle,and my blog. But if I could only use one,it would definitely be my Google reader with my RSS feeds. It keeps me up to date on everything I care to know about.

The program has reignited my love of learning and probably fired up some new dendrites. It made me realize I've been getting stagnant and I appreciate the push from Richard and Deryl.

The biggest surprise for me was that I could do it. I have a certain reputation for being technologically fragile...I think I'm beginning to feel a little braver.I would absolutely do another program like this. In fact, in a week or two,I'll probably even miss Mary releasing the next 5 things to do!

This class will definitely influence my job. I have told my facilitators to enroll so we'll all know the same cool tricks. I think it can only improve our communication with teachers and administrators. I will keep up primarily by using my reader. I have several feeds about curriculum and about technology that should keep me going.And I plan on going back over the 23 Things materials for some further exploration.

Mary and Debbie, thanks for everything. You have been wonderful and the materials were great. Loved the Common Craft videos. It's like 2.0 for dummies.I began this journey as The Terrified Traveler. I leave it as The Adventurer. Tomorrow, who knows, maybe Captain Kirk!!

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Captain Kirk!! Congratulations! It is more fun and so helpful to have friends "play" along with you. You did great! I didn't hear any whining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you and glad you were able to finish! It has been fun to take the class with you and learn more about you! You are a super techno lady! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete