Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thing # 15

I have set up a delicious account. http://delicious.com/sedonagal At first I didn't see much use for it because I was perfectly happy with the list of bookmarks that my browser kept for me. But after spending some time with delicious I can see some definite advantages. First of all, the fact that I can keep one list of bookmarks and access them from any computer. That's a big help. Also the tagging is a great help. I hadn't thought about using tags so much, but as I discover more sites and join more groups, it will be very helpful to tag things so that I don't have to bring up the whole list of bookmarks when I'm looking for just one topic.Lastly, the social component. It is interesting and could be enormously helpful to share other people's bookmarks who share some of the same areas of concern at work. I personally have used Mary's sites more than once to find new directions to look for things. That is primarily how I see using it for work...tagging and sharing.

4 comments:

  1. It's nice that you can assign more than one tag to a site whereas in your browser they can only go in one folder. It just makes them easier to access, IMHO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I give up. IMHO?? I know what it sounds like but I'm sure that's not what you meant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In My Humble Opinion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I though it was short for I am a Ho!

    ReplyDelete