Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thing #20

I had already attended a workshop on using Googledocs, but as usual, I didn't start using it right away so I forgot about it! I played around very briefly in this exercise with a document about New Teacher Camp. I will really use this to collaborate with my facilitators to begin making plans. It will save us so much time, especially since they don't work during the summer. It's like a conference call without the phone. They'll be able to offer input and changes and we can do it all from different places.

I also played around with the presentation tools. Loved them! Not only can we plan New Teacher and lots of other staff development but we can also collaborate on the slides we'll use during the presentation. I loved the slide layouts for organizational purposes. They will be of service to me as my layout skills are right up there with my slideshow skills!

There are as many uses for Googledocs as there are things to do, to organize, to plan, to study, etc. I'm sure as I begin to use Googledocs more, I will begin to think of all kinds of applications for it in my personal and professional life.

No comments:

Post a Comment